Friday, May 20, 2011

The Writer

   There was a writer, sitting in front of his computer. The man's name was Raúl Dulce, a crude, person that works for the Chicago News Editorial, who's ways were rather unorthodox. He always looked for the facts, which is reasonable, but he never looked for the opinion of anyone for any situation ever.
  This time the story he was given was what could only be described as gossip. Being as Raúl loathed gossip, naturally he had a picture of "The View" attached to a dart board.He clenched one of his fists, and used the other one to swipe a stray dart and flung it at the photo.
   A frown started to form on his face,"The idiots," he muttered," they know the way I work. Not with words, but actions." Raúl's voice became more and more audible, as he got up from his chair," I need facts not ALLEGED GARBAGE! I__" he paused, veered around with his eyes atop his cubicle, looked down at his blank comuper monitor, and slumped back into his chair," __need a vacation.
   Raúl's friend, Tony walked over to his cubicle with a smug grin on his face. "So," he questioned rhetorically," have some writer's block do we?"
   Raúl turned his chair around and stared at him with a ditasteful look," What can't you see I'm busy?"
   "Doing what, looking a white screen," he replied slyly as he noticed the blank monitor. Raúl looked crossed. He got up from his chair and sleuthed by Tony, to their boss's office. Tony followed close behind. "What are you gonna do?" Tony asked nervously.
  "What do ya think, I'm gonna complain that my story isn't news worthy."
  The two made it to their boss, Mr. Bersklend, who was talking on the phone when he noticed them intrude. "Hold on... I-I think I got some," he cupped his hand over the phone and looked at the men standing in the doorway," Hey you two," he pointed," I got a job for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment