Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Don't Know What to Say...

  At 3:30am, I wake-up and notice a prism like object sitting on my computer desk. I walk over to the item, and glance at the inscription on top. To my surprise, it was a box of  CIGARS. Baffled, I look on the sides to see if it were some kind of gag (if so, I don't get it) or if there was a post-it note anywhere. What I DID see was a sticker on top folded half over the side. It stated:
IMPORTED
Hand Made
We guarantee that these cigars
are hand made in the Dominican Republic
Se garanta que estos cigarros se hacen
a mano en la Republica Dominicana
Cigars
GUARANTEE
 Well it wasn't fake, but that being the explanation for why it's in the house is far from an acceptable reason. When my mom awoke two or so hours later, I had the cigar case placed on the coffee table. She said it was from her friend to me. She explained that the cigar box reminded her friend of me for some reason. How, I haven't a clue.
 It humbles me to know that people give me strange things, because they're reminded of a person that is equally strange. At least they were generous; I mean I got a 20-pack. Most are only 10-packs (how I know this may be the reason I was given the box in the first place).

No comments:

Post a Comment